To recover your vehicle from the Mills County Sheriff’s Office Impound Lot you MUST:
- Provide your photo identification,
- Prove you are the owner or authorized user of the vehicle,
- Provide Proof of Insurance if you will be driving the vehicle off the lot,
- Pay all fees for towing and storage. (Cash or Certified Funds Only. We CANNOT make change)
Provide your photo identification. Acceptable forms of ID include:
- Any state issued driver's license or identification card
- Any photo ID issued by the Federal Government
- Any photo ID issued by a foreign government such as a Mexico driver's license or a "matricula consular"
Prove you own or have the owner's permission to use the vehicle with any ONE of these:
- The certificate of title to the vehicle showing your name as the owner (If ownership has changed within the last 30 days, a copy of the computer registration printout from the Department of Motor Vehicles)
- A notarized bill of sale for the vehicle
- A notarized Authorization to Release Automobile signed by the vehicle owner
- A current automobile lease or rental agreement signed by the operator of the vehicle
Pay all fees for towing and storage:
- The TOW CHARGE: The tow charge is set by the towing company and is not in any way controlled by the Sheriff’s Office.
- The DAILY STORAGE CHARGE: A daily storage fee of $10 will be charged for any part of the day. A day is considered to begin and end at midnight.